• Login with your Seton Network username and password.
Gaining access to an EXISTING project:
• Contact the project creator.
• Ask them to add your Seton username to their User Rights section.
To create a NEW project:
Please ensure you have logged into REDCap at least once prior to completing the "New User Training"
• Complete the REDCap New User Training.
• If the link above does not work, go to http://www.seton.net/survey and use the access code: RCTRAINER (not case sensitive).
• After you've completed the training, you will receive a confirmation email. REDCap Admins will enable your ability to create projects within 1 business day.
REDCap Office Hours:
• Every Wednesday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Central Time.
• Link to Skype meeting and more information available after you log into REDCap under 'Help & FAQ'.
Please log in with your user name and password. If you are having trouble logging in, please contact
Welcome to REDCap!
REDCap is a secure web platform for building and managing online databases and surveys.
REDCap's streamlined process for rapidly creating and designing projects offers a
vast array of tools that can be tailored to virtually any data collection strategy.
REDCap provides automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical
packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools,
and advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
• REDCap should NEVER be used as a documentation substitute for patient treatment or an extension of patient treatment received in a Seton facility. The appropriate medical record system must be utilized (COMPASS, Athena, etc.).
• REDCap is administered by Seton Analytics & Health Economics for usage by the entire Seton community. Seton's REDCap implementation may be used for research and quality/performance improvement (QI/PI).
• If you have any questions about conducting research at Seton, please click here to visit Seton's Office of Research Facilitation (ORF) or call (512) 324-8389.
• Questions related to HIPAA compliance should be directed to both:
a. Michael Brown, Seton's Information Security Officer (512-324-9999 ext. 18796)
b. Vickie Paterra, Sr. Director of Corporate Responsibility & HIPAA Privacy Officer (512-324-3280)
• A template for describing use of REDCap in Seton IRB applications can be found on the Seton REDCap Informational Site.
• If you anticipate needing help from Analytics on your redcap survey, please log a request for help at the CEE Request Form (Intranet Only). All requests will be accommodated, time permitting, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely - Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
Fast and flexible - Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
Export data to common data analysis packages - Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
Ad Hoc Reporting - Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
Scheduling - Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link - Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create
a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
Send files to others securely - Using 'Send-It', upload and send files to multiple recipients, including existing project documents, that are too large for email
attachments or that contain sensitive data.
Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print - Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
Advanced features - Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
REDCap API - Have external applications connect to REDCap remotely in a programmatic or automated fashion.
Data Queries - Document the process of resolving data issues using the Data Resolution Workflow module.
Piping - Inject previously collected data values into question labels, survey invitation emails, etc. to provide a
more customized experience.