• Login with your Ascension Seton Network username and password.
Gaining access to an EXISTING project:
• Contact the project creator.
• Ask them to add your Ascension Seton username to their User Rights section.
REDCap Office Hours:
• Every Wednesday (except major holidays) from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Central Time.
• Link to Hangouts meeting and more information available after you log into REDCap under 'Help & FAQ'.
REDCap is a secure web platform for building and managing online databases and surveys.
REDCap's streamlined process for rapidly creating and designing projects offers a
vast array of tools that can be tailored to virtually any data collection strategy.
REDCap provides automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical
packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools,
and advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
• REDCap should NEVER be used as a documentation substitute for patient treatment or an extension of patient treatment received in a Seton facility. The appropriate medical record system must be utilized (COMPASS, Athena, etc.).
• REDCap is administered by Seton Analytics & Health Economics for usage by the entire Seton community. Seton's REDCap implementation may be used for research and quality/performance improvement (QI/PI).
• If you have any questions about conducting research at Seton, please click here to visit Seton's Office of Research Facilitation (ORF) or call (512) 324-8389.
• Questions related to HIPAA compliance should be directed to both:
a. Michael Brown, Seton's Information Security Officer (512-324-9999 ext. 18796)
b. Vickie Paterra, Sr. Director of Corporate Responsibility & HIPAA Privacy Officer (512-324-3280)
• A template for describing use of REDCap in Seton IRB applications can be found on the Seton REDCap Informational Site.
• If you anticipate needing help from Analytics on your redcap survey, please log a request for help at the CEE Request Form (Intranet Only). All requests will be accommodated, time permitting, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely in your browser - Create and design your project using a secure login from any device. No extra software required. Access from anywhere, at any time.
Fast and flexible - Go from project creation to starting data collection in less than one day. Customizations and changes are possible any time, even after data collection has begun.
Advanced instrument design features - Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Diverse and flexible survey distribution options - Use a list of email addresses or phone numbers for your survey respondents and automatically contact them with personalized messages,
and track who has responded. Or create a simple link for an anonymous survey for mass email mailings, to post on a website, or print on a flyer.
Data quality - Use field validation, branching/skip logic, and Missing Data Codes to improve and protect data quality during data entry. Open data queries to automatically identify and resolve discrepancies and other issues real-time.
Custom reporting - Create custom searches for generating reports to view aggregate data. Identify trends with built-in basic statistics and charts.
Export data to common analysis packages - Export your data as a PDF or as CSV data for easy analysis in SAS, Stata, R, SPSS, or Microsoft Excel.
Secure file storage and sharing - Upload and share any type of file with anyone in the world through the File Repository feature or Send-It tool. Also works with exports and other built-in file uploading features.
Data-based triggers and alerts - Send real-time alerts and notifications to your team or other stakeholders via email, text, or phone based on certain data being entered or specific questions having a particular answer.
Connect to other resources - Use built-in features (API) to move data to/from your project. Build your own custom software development features to connect your project to other systems.