Step 1: Observation Requirements
Thank you for your interest in observing/ shadowing health care careers at Ascension WI. Your request is important to us and we look forward to assisting you.
Due to the high volume of job shadowing requests, it is important that you read and understand the following key points before submitting an observation request.
- In order to participate in a job shadow activity, participants must meet a number of health requirements. You will need to submit documentation of these requirements. You must have all needed documentation to complete this application.
- All requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the anticipated observation date.
- In order to submit a job shadowing request, please identify an Ascension WI associate who will serve as your sponsor. Your sponsor is the individual/provider you will observe. Please visit our Finding a Sponsor page for more information or assistance on how to find a shadow sponsor.
- Job shadows and observations are intended to be a short-term experience. They are generally limited to 8 hours, unless a special arrangement has been made with the sponsor.
- Job shadows are limited to those over the age of 16, unless enrolled in a course requiring a job shadow experience. Please note that some critical care areas may require participants to be 18 or older